3.1.2. Malfunctions in system of start-up
Malfunctions in system of start-up are shown in abnormal work of a starter. It is possible to mark out five main malfunctions of a starter.
1. The starter does not join. The reasons — violation of contact connections, break or short circuit in chains of inclusion of a starter, malfunction of the traction relay.
2. At inclusion of a starter repeated clicks are heard. The reasons — the holding winding of the traction relay is faulty, the rechargeable battery is strongly discharged, contact connections in a starter chain are weakened.
3. The starter joins, but its anchor either does not rotate, or rotates slowly. The reasons — the rechargeable battery is discharged, contact connections are broken, contacts of the traction relay burned slightly, the collector is polluted or brushes, mezhvitkovy or short circuit in windings are worn-out.
4. The starter joins, its anchor rotates, but the flywheel remains motionless. The reasons — weakening of fastening of a starter to a coupling case, damage of teeths of a flywheel or gear wheel of the drive, pro-slipping of the coupling of a free wheeling of the drive, breakage of the lever, a flood ring or buffer spring of the drive of a starter.
5. The starter is not switched off after launch of the engine. The reasons — malfunction of the coupling of a free wheeling of a starter, agglomeration of contacts of the traction relay. In case of such malfunction immediately stop the engine!
The specified malfunctions demand the qualified intervention in car service or after arrival to a garage (see section 10 "Electric equipment"). It is only previously possible to check degree of a razryazhennost of the rechargeable battery by means of the voltmeter (for example, as a part of an autotester) and an inhaling of contact connections in a starter chain.